I. Briefly describe a human/social service organization you have worked in/with or have observed in the social environment, including its history, population served, service provided, mission and goals, etc. (0.5 page) Objective: Critically assess the organizational context.
II. Apply one organizational theory to critically discuss the organization’s structure, including: (1 page)
1. Lines of authority—refer to your organizational chart
2. Channels of communication, and
3. Dimension of power Objective: Apply critical thinking to analyze organizational structure (Competency 7).
III. Use a cultural perspective, analyze the organization’s functioning, including: (1-1.5 pages)
1. Values, beliefs & norms
2. Unwritten rules, traditions, practices, and expectations
3. Relationship to difference (diversity) Objective: Apply critical thinking to assess organizational culture (Competency 7)
IV. Assess the strengths and weaknesses of the functioning described above, provide specific recommendation(s) for one way in which this organization could improve its delivery of services that would promote the ethical/dignified delivery of social and human services (Competency 8). (0.5-1 page) V. Synthesize the aforementioned information, discuss related action steps to actualize your recommendation(s). (Competency 8) (0.5-1 page) The paper should be no more than 5 pages, double-spaced, with at least 4 course references. Use literature to support your analysis. You can add additional scholarly references to enhance your analysis. You should paraphrase information; no quotations allowed. Do not use the first person in a paper like this – it is a formal assessment of a “client system,” which in this case is an organization.
#Organizational #Assessment #MedicationAssisted #Treatment #Facility