Course Outcome practiced in this unit:
IT460-4: Develop information systems by converting design specifications into data structures.
- Include a title page and reference page.
- Written work is provided in Standard English.
- Provide a header for each question and answer.
- Each question should include at least one APA reference and inline citation.
- At least 3 pages in length, not counting the title page and reference page.
- What is the purpose of creating a logical process model and then a physical process model? How are they different? What information is found on the physical DFD that is not included on the logical DFD?
- List the steps necessary transform logical models to physical models.
- Define a structure chart and explain the importance of sequence, selection, and iteration
- Provide an example of a structure chart you have found online (citation necessary). Explain the purpose of this chart.
- What does a data couple depict on a structure chart? What symbols are used to depict it? What does a control couple depict on a structure chart? What symbols are used to depict it?
- List the seven types of coupling. Give an example of good coupling and an example of bad coupling.
- What is meant by the characteristics of fan-in and fan-out?
- Discuss three ways to improve the quality of a structure chart.