Answer the following with reference to The Cask of Amontillado. There are multiple versions of the story available online but make sure you only use the version of the story in the link I have provided. DO NOT use any outside sources (other than the story) for this assignment.
1. What is the story about? Is the story understandable or too complex and why?
2. What is the thing that keep the story going? What is the tension/ conflict of the story?
3. Is the story too fast or too slow?
4. Describe the major characters in the story based on one physical and one personality description.
5. What are the stereotypes and break in stereotypes of major characters?
6. What is the Cultural setting of the story (any prevailing social/ political /religious conditions that affect/ influence the story
7. Do you prefer the internal narrator (Montresor) or the external narrator and why?
8. Mention the images or symbol used in the story (must have at least one human and one non- human) and explain what each one symbolizes.
9. What is the main theme of the story? Explain how you arrived at your answer.